Friday 9 April 2010

Japanese Sashiko Stitching

Thursday four ladies came to try sashiko stitching, which is a very relaxing therapy.  I think it was a very appropriate pattern for this time of the year when Japan will be covered with sakura blossoms.
Many Japanese would be going to parks to sit under cherry trees and enjoy life.


I prepared sakura - cherry flower pattern from Susan Briscoe's Japanese Quilt Blocks to Mix and Match. The book has many patterns and how you can mix them to make a great quilt. I made my biggest quilt using kimono patterns for my DH's birthday present.


 However, this is Ursula's machine stitched sakura flower. 


 This is Susan's hand stitched sakura.


 
If you want to know more about sashiko you can visit Purl Bee and it explains very well how to do sashiko.  Enjoy your stitching. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails